Get ready to celebrate yourselves, mamas - this shoot is all about YOU and your kiddos! Here are details for the Mother's Day Mini:
Cost: $450 via check, $425 via cash - due at the session
What's Included: 15 minute session + 10 high-res images
Where to Meet: We will meet Lover's Lane in the Presidio. Technically, we are meeting at the Andy Goldsworthy Wood Line, so you can map there (see below).
My drawing of where to park / where to find me (find clickable G. Map below my map)
What to Expect: I made these sessions a little longer because I want to be able to take our time capturing the love between you and your kids. We will have plenty of silly moments, but I also look forward to capturing the serenity that goes along with motherhood. Here are tips to make it go as smooth as possible:
- Bring as little as possible. Just the essentials!
- Rewards & Food: I am ALL FOR giving kids a reward after the session. The caveat is, depending on their age, they sometimes don't get the concept of "later" and they then beg for the jelly beans during the session which results in photos of your kids with colored jelly bean drool creepin' out of their mouth. :) The best rewards are those promised directly after the session (sticker, ice cream, special activity, etc).
- Look at me! For the 15 minutes we are together, let me do the parenting / leading. A major part of my job as your photographer is simply engaging with your kids. I will ask for your help when needed, but if I am jumping up and down like a wild woman, it is likely to maintain your child's attention which means I will be ready to "click" the second I get that attention and I wouldn't want them looking at you when we finally get that magical moment!
- Be on time: I will say it again - Be. On. Time. I absolutely understand how stressful it is to get kids out of the house, dressed, happy, fed, etc. If you think it will take you 10 minutes to get to your location, please allow at least 20 minutes so you can have a few minutes to relax before the session and not be stressed about parking or needing a couple more minutes to fix a child's hair. Out of respect for the sessions before and after yours, I do not go beyond the allocated timeframe.
- Deep breaths & trust! This may be the most difficult one for parents. We all want our kids to be on their best behavior for professional photos. I do a tricky balancing act of getting your kids riled up so I can get their genuine smiles and laughs to then bringing them back to calm so they can stay still enough for me to snap the photo. Expect them to be wild at times. Expect them to not cooperate all 15 minutes...whatever we capture, it will be your child's true self for Halloween this year!
Finally, THANK YOU for choosing ME to capture photos of you and your littles! It is an honor and a pleasure. I can't wait to see each and every one of you!